Oct 18, 2014

October is Dysautonomia Awareness Month! What are you doing to raise awareness?

This October marks another great annual Dysautonomia Awareness Month. It is always so awesome to see the patient community rally together and do amazing things to help raise funds to support research and help raise awareness in their communities. It's inspiring to see young kids participating alongside their parents, making noise for turquoise! Thankfully, turquoise is one of my favorite colors! I love to wear it and also have plenty of bright turquoise throughout my house. I even painted a pumpkin turquoise for Halloween this year. If you can, get out there and raise some awareness in your community. Tell someone about dysautonomia. Help educate a new medical practitioner who may not know what it is. Find a fundraising idea and donate the funds to research. Or purchase something on Amazon.com through this page and part of every sale automatically gets donated back to dysautonomia research (it doesn't cost you a penny extra, Amazon donates their share of the sale!)

There is lots happening online as well. Check out Facebook.com/DysautonomiaInternational for a daily dysautonomia factoid. I have learned SO many things I didn't know. There's also a live Tweet-A-Thon happening on October 23rd.


2 comments:

  1. You do such good work over here. I have already shared this page a couple times already this month.
    Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for making the world more aware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Mary! I am glad you've found it so helpful! I love spreading awareness wherever I can! Thank you for entering the blogging world as well! I really enjoy your posts and would love to contribute a guest post sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete