Dec 8, 2013

Liebster Award!


I am honored to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by one of my favorite new bloggers and fellow potsy Brittany at Fabulously Faint. Admittedly I don't know much about the award except for the following: 

The Liebster Award is used by bloggers who have 200 follows or less on bloglovin' to promote each other and to make more friends in the blogging community and attract more attention to their blog. Each nominee must first list 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions proposed by the person who nominated them. Lastly choose 11 bloggers and ask them your own 11 questions.

I in turn nominated eleven of my favorite bloggers! They happen to all have dysautonomia and/or related conditions.

Brooke at Growing Older, Growing Up?

C.M. at Life Unknown

Erin at My Life as ErinJ0

Kingsley at Life As Grike

Michelle at Living with Bob

Lauren at POTS Grrl

Hannah at Hannah's Dysautonomic Life

Candice at Infectiously Optimistic

Michele at Dysautonomia Normal

Jessica at Falling Apart At The Seams: My Life with Ehlers-Danlos

Anomie at Anomie Fatale: The Agalma Femme


11 Random Facts About Me!

1) I have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.

2) I am obsessed with 90's pop culture nostalgia: toys, junk foods, music, television etc.

3) I adore the color pink and always have. Because some things never change.

4) My all time favorite book is The Great Gatsby.

5) I have perfectionistic tendencies and am very OCD about germs and cleanliness, though I have never been officially diagnosed.

6) I hold three bachelor's degrees including a degree in English Literature.

7) I loathe technology and hate trying to keep up with all the latest and greatest gadgets. I resisted the whole touchscreen smartphone craze for a LONG time. 

8) I am a dog person. If there are 20 people in the room and there are any dogs in that room, the dogs will always come sit on my lap. This phenomenon has happened on many occasions. We get each other and speak the same language!

9) I used to produce magazine style shows and host talkshows for government television.

10) I have naturally curly hair that is extremely hard to tame. I prefer to wear it straight but everyone else prefers it curly.

11) I used to dance ballet, jazz and modern dance and still really miss it. Ballet was my favorite.


Here are my questions courtesy of Brittany at Fabulously Faint:

Question #1
If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Fruit Tarts. Undoubtedly fruit tarts. Anyone who hasn't tried one of these fine delicacies absolutely needs to. I would happily eat them everyday for the rest of my life. Fruit, custard, chocolate. All in one pretty little package. What's not to love?

Question #2
What's the most exciting/adventurous thing you have ever done?
Although I'm about as far from an adrenaline junkie as you can get, I'd say the most exciting thing I've ever done was meeting my favorite band and having a drink with the lead guitarist a few months before I got sick. I could've died happy that night.

Question #3
Describe yourself in three words.
Creative, kind and funny.

Question #4
Who inspires you?
Chronic illness survivors! That includes a lot of strong people. And anyone who stands up for injustice especially in the face of adversity! It takes a lot of strength to do such a thing. There are too many people I admire to name just one!

Question #5
What is your favorite piece of clothing?
My pink peacoat. It personifies me!

Question #6
If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be?
Someone who is in perfect health and optimal physical condition. I would take advantage of being in a healthy body for a day, that's for sure!

Question #7
If you could choose any career what would it be?
An interior designer! It wouldn't even feel like work to me, I would likely enjoy every second of it!

Question #8
What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality TV. Shows like Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Dance Moms especially.

Question #9
What is your dream vacation?
Australia. I have always, always wanted to see the Sydney Opera house on New Year's Eve and to hold a koala bear!

Question #10
Who are your style icons?
Anna Nalick. I was at her concert recently and we happened to be wearing the exact same ankle booties! Her style is unpretentious yet pretty and feminine. Timeless, not trendy. She always utilizes vintage or eclectic finds skillfully. She is not flashy but classy and refined and doesn't feel the need to dress trashy.

Question #11
What is your biggest achievement?
Being Valedictorian and voted most likely to succeed in my high school yearbook. It was flattering that my peers had such a favorable opinion of me and nice to be valued for my intellect. Especially these days now that POTS-induced brainfog has seemingly clouded my once sharp intelligence. If nothing else, it's comforting to know I was once a brainiac!

No comments:

Post a Comment