Apr 10, 2012

Hateful, Hurtful Words NEED to Stop!

I'm soooooooooooo sick of sociopathic bullies like the lady who wrote the following on her Facebook group page entitled, 'group to revoke handicapped parking permits:'

"Stop treating people differently based on their physical capabilities, that's what they say, but it's all lipservice! As soon as one of those handicapped people wants to park a car they don't want to be treated 'like everybody else' anymore. Well, here at the group to revoke handicapped parking permits we say: 'May every man, woman, child, and retard, be treated equally.'



Do they really need it? If they're so messed up they can't drive, then why doesn't the person they're with just drop them off and find a f#@*&!^ spot? If they are able to drive, but use a wheelchair then there's absolutely no need for a close spot- they're on wheels, a conveyance that's gonna get them there easily and faster anyway. Now for those who are just so weak and tired that they aren't able to drive and have too much pride to get in a wheel chair- I say stay home! You've probably got somebody catering to your every need there, too! Why do you feel you need to get that kind of attention when you leave the house too?
Now there is new category of 'handicapped' people: the grossly, morbidly, obese. Now with this I vehemently disagree. Isn't it possible that if you parked further out and walked to your destination you would burn a few calories and lose some weight, thereby negating the need for the 'fatticapped' parking in the first place?



FIGHT DISCRIMINATION!


Actions to take to show your support:

1- get out there and send in a photograph of yourself 'illegally' parking in a handicapped spot, then post it accordingly;

2- steal a handicapped placard from a car;

3- remove any 'handicapped parking only' sign you possibly can; and, finally,

4- flip off handicapped people in the name of equality!"


Let's deconstruct her argument for a minute, shall we? According to this woman's logic the handicapped don't deserve to have a place in society or to even show our faces out in public at a grocery store. Sociopaths like her embody everything that's wrong with the world today. It was all I could do not to stoop to her level and call her hurtful names. Instead I sent her a message with a link to my blog post about my personal experience using a handicapped parking sticker. Maybe it will inspire her to put herself in someone else's shoes for a change...

4 comments:

  1. That's if she even knows how to read (and understand) what you said. We had her site taken down from Facebook since it was obvious hate speech (and she was recommending illegal activity under the heading of "fight discrimination". (ironic, eh?).

    Thanks for addressing her horrible posts though. VERY sad that her page was up for even a second (and 30 people joined her group too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness it was taken down!!! I couldn't believe that woman's audacity! Her group page actually existed since 2008! Hard to believe anyone could get away with that for that long! Anytime I see something like this online, I am speaking out and reporting it to the authorities. Hate speech like that should never be tolerated in any forum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. since 2008? OMG (I went nuts when I saw it and I spread the word far and wide. One person wrote to me and told me she was amazed that I managed tget the group shut down in under an hour. I am normally a nice person (at least I try to be) but I’m a force to be reckoned with if I get pushed too far and that hate sight sent me over the edge. I hope it stays down forever. I really like what my teacher said: we are “temporarily abled” for now. Everyone is. If you’re lucky enough to live to be an elder, then you may lose the “temporarily abled” ability. Another one I read was from a disabled student who said the biggest problem with being disabled was having to tackle other peoples’ perceptions of him. It infuriates me to no end (SO unfair that these bozos punish US for having health problems – as if we asked to have disorders/illnesses/etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since 2008. Unbelievable. Same group of people since then. Apparently there were medical professionals who belonged to the group which is absolutely despicable. I am normally a nice person too, but that's exactly why we have to stand up for ourselves and for what is right. I still can't believe they had the audacity to pick on the sick and the vulnerable. You're right, we certainly didn't ask to have health problems. We're punished enough by our own bodies everyday and to have to deal with hateful words like that just adds insult to injury. Thank you for spreading the word and helping get them off Facebook!

    ReplyDelete