Aug 31, 2010

The Positive Side of POTS



Although it can be tough if not impossible to cope with a chronic illness on a daily basis and I can often sound like a Debbie Downer at times, I try to remind myself that no matter how bad things get, there are still a few positives to this condition. Very few, but they are there nonetheless.

1) Being able to eat salty snacks without any guilt or negative consequence

2) Connecting with other wonderful people who share similar conditions and experiences

3) Becoming a television/music/movie buff

4) Appreciating the simple things in life

5) Putting myself first and making my health a priority

I'm sure there are other things I could have listed, and many of you may have different positives to share. For me, these are the top five things I have gained from dysautonomia. I am trying to reframe the way I look at being sick, and although I have lost so much as a result of this condition, perhaps the things I have gained are the things that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment